A study by the consulting firm Zuban, Córdoba y Asociados shows that the negative perception grew 10 points in one month and reaches 51.4%; Patricia Bullrich leads Horacio Rodríguez Larreta in positive image
The significant drop in the image of the national deputy Javier Milei (La Libertad Avanza) is one of the most significant notes of the latest survey carried out by the consulting firm Zuban, Córdoba y Asociados.
In the last month, the negative perception of Milei in public opinion grew ten points (from 40.3% to 51.4%), while the positive image fell from 47.7% to 41.2%. For the first time, thus, the rejection of his figure prevails, coinciding with the recent controversial definitions made by the libertarian leader in favor of carrying weapons and the sale of organs, which generated a strong rejection. The intern could also have had an impact on his team, which had one of Milei’s shipowners as spokesman, Carlos Maslatón , who harshly criticized the deputy’s sister, Karina Milei.
FERNANDO STRAFACE: «LARRETA’S DECISION TO APPLY WILL NOT BE CONDITIONED BY ANY CANDIDACY OF TOGETHER FOR CHANGE»
The study includes 2,000 cases and reveals that most of the political leadership suffered a deterioration in its image in the last 30 days. Within the universe of Together for Change, in the internal Pro, the good image of Patricia Bullrich (53.9%) prevails over that of Horacio Rodríguez Larreta (49.3%), although in a framework of even competition.
Faced with the electoral scenario of 2023, the intention to vote shows a map divided, broadly speaking, into three groups: 30.6% spoke in favor of Together for Change, followed by the Front of All (28%) and , further back, the liberals/libertarians (20.8%).
The research by Zuban, Córdoba y Asociados recalls that Milei was installed in the political scene due to a combination of three factors: generalized social unrest with politics, frustrated economic expectations and a component of identity voting, shaped, for example, by her critical positions against the advance of feminism.
Taking into account the setback of the last month, the consultant predicts that if the leader of La Libertad Avanza «persists in his tactic of extreme visibility and in talking about agenda items that are more relevant in an electoral circuit in Florida than at the table of the Argentines, it will probably increase the wear and tear on their figure”.
Also a survey by Raúl Aragón & Asociados, which consulted 1803 people, marked a drop in the levels of support of the libertarian deputy and attributed it to his definition of issues with a strong impact on public opinion, apart from the economic and social crisis.
In that study, 68.9% said they did not agree with the free carrying of weapons promoted by Milei, and only 9.8% agreed. Regarding their statements about the organ trade, 85.9% spoke against it and only 7.2% in favor.
59.5% of those consulted by Zuban, Córdoba and Associates totally disapprove of President Alberto Fernández’s management. The 9% who «disapprove of something» are added, reflecting a level of rejection of 68.5 percent. The supporters of the Government add up to 31.2% (8.7% validate it «totally» and 22.5% «approve somewhat»).
While Vice President Cristina Kirchner maintains a favorable image of 34.8% and a negative one of 64.7%, President Fernández receives a support of 27.7% and a rejection of 71.1 percent.
The president of the Chamber of Deputies, Sergio Massa, also has a high negative image (70.6%) and a poor positive image (26.7%/. Máximo Kirchner’s evaluation presents similar proportions: 67.7% negative and 27.2% positive.
Mauricio Macri presents an adhesion of 49.2% and a rejection of 58.6 percent.
Conclusively, 71.8% believe that the country is going «in the wrong direction», compared to 21.8% who think it is on the right track. Two years ago, those who questioned the course represented 41.8% and those who trusted the direction of the country reached 46.1 percent.
Likewise, 30.6% think that Peronism will continue to govern after the 2023 elections and 31.2% prefer that Together for Change return. 34.3% are in favor of a new front or party governing.
A large majority (58.8%) held that in order to improve the economy, the next government should apply shock measures, while 33% recommend being gradualists.
Meanwhile, 47.9% totally agree that the political crack in Argentina prevents the economic development of the country. To them are added 25.2% who showed “somewhat agreement”. This perception about the impact of the crack is largely among those under 30 years of age (79.4%).